Individual or Family Art Therapy?
When we first meet, we talk about your issues and problems that you want to resolve. If you want your child/teen to receive therapy, during this first meeting, you are included together with your child or sometimes separately. Frequently this first meeting is 80 minutes long. Depending on your goal, we will meet individually or with family members. The ongoing individual therapy is 40 or 55 minutes long.
This is a good way to work on your relational problems. You are likely trapped by ongoing and unproductive interaction with your family members. You will learn how to communicate better with your spouse, parents and children through Art Therapy. In Art Therapy, we can do individual art works within the family therapy or you can make joint projects, such as Family murals and sculptures, during which you will work on your issues. After resolving your relational problems, you will take a joint project to decorate your house, symbolizing your family unity and love. The family art therapy sessions are 50 or 80 minutes long. See the Counseling Page, if you are more interested in Family Counseling using your medical insurance.
Bring one or more of your friends with similar interests and issues to the studio. We can create a small group to have a group Art Therapy experience. The group session is 90 minutes long.
Several Art Therapy groups are now being formed such as:
- Asperger’s Friendship Groups
- Relaxing with Clay
- Youth Group Projects
- Open Art Therapy Workshop
- Anger Management
The cost of an Art Therapy session differs depending on the type of session. If you need to cancel, please contact me by phone at least 24 hours before the cancellation. Basic materials are included, but those will be shared by everybody else and restrictions are applied. You may also bring your own supplies. Several art supply stores are listed on the Links page. I accept checks and cash. Medical insurance is accepted for Counseling approach in both locations.I am a net work provider for Regence. Blue Cross Blue Shield, Premera, Life Wise, and First Choice Health.
- Individual and Family Art Therapy Sessions in Ballard Art Therapy Studio are $80 for 50 minutes and $110 for 80minutes( no insurance and private pay). If you prefer art therapy/counseling in Ballard Art Therapy Studio using your insurance, I charge the fee of the counseling sessions.
- The cost of Counseling Sessions or art therapy used as a part of counseling session in the Bellevue office, and Ballard Art Therapy Studio starts $105 per a session, billable to your insurance companies. The fee is negotiable for no insurance and private pay client
- Accept major credit cards
- Workshops will be developed according the group’s needs, usually a half day or full day. Mental health workers who use art in sessions can take an Art Therapy workshop to increase skills and confidence. Contact me to organize an Art Therapy workshop for school professionals, too.
Other Services and Fees
- Kiln Clay Firing – Bring your finished clay works and I will fire them for you. $50.00 per one firing. It takes up to 14 hours plus cooling down.
- Children’s Birthday Party – Up to six children may attend. Choose from tile making, pottery, painting a cup, and tempera painting. Activity is 60 minutes long. Please bring your own cakes, food, cups, and trays. You can use my studio another 60 minutes. Pricing starts at $150.